Swap out heavy cream for milk and Greek yogurt for a low-fat version of Pasta Primavera.
- 1 pound linguine or fettuccine cooked per box instructions
- 1 cup zucchini cut into small spears
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup yellow squash cut into small spears
- 1 cup broccoli small heads
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup red pepper cut into strips
- 1 cup snap pea pods
- 1 cup carrots peeled and sliced on an angle
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup grated Romano cheese
- 9 ounces low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Start by getting all of your veggies ready, and feel free to be creative and cut them into different shapes. Pretty food always tastes better and different shapes add a pleasing look to your dish!
- The first thing to do is start boiling water for your pasta, and measure out your yogurt and allow it to sit until it reaches room temperature.
- After prepping your veggies, gently sauté them in the olive oil and garlic until they are just barely cooked. Now set them aside to stay warm.
- Cook your pasta per the instructions on the box.
- While the pasta is cooking in another sauté pan, add your milk and allow it to get very hot.
- Add the grated cheese and mix well. Turn the heat down to low and allow the mixture to reduce slightly.
- Now here is the only tricky part to the meal. As soon as the pasta is ready, put your veggies back on for a quick reheat.
- Drain your pasta.
- In a large bowl, add your pasta, the low-fat Greek yogurt, and the milk/cheese mixture. Toss this all together to blend well.
- Feel free to add in another handful of grated cheese if you like, season with pepper and plate it into servings or on one large serving platter, then top with your beautiful vegetables and serve!