Whole Wheat Berry Cobbler Crumble
Dietary Notes: Gluten Free, Dairy Free
If you’re looking for a way to satisfy your sweet tooth but not feel TOO bad about it, try a whole-wheat version of the classic berry cobbler. You can also lighten up the calories a little bit by substituting whole milk with skim.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ½ Tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup skim milk
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups mixed berries, fresh or thawed from frozen
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Add berries, sugar and lemon zest to a 8x8 inch baking dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Toss berries to coat with sugar and zest.
To create the biscuit topping:
- Freeze butter for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a food processor add dry ingredients and mix with blade.
- Add the cold butter, chopped into bits, or use the shredding blade attachment to feed in butter. Blend. The dry ingredients should start to gather.
- Pour in milk and pulse at the same time. The mixture will pull together.
- Spoon cobbler topping over the berries.
- Cook until the topping is browned and filling is bubbling, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.