Buffalo Cauliflower Wingettes
with Creamy Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
$0.74 cents per serving
- 1 large head cauliflower – cut into large florets
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (or all purpose)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- ¼ cup unsalted butter – melted
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt – 0% fat
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 clove garlic – grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- carrot and celery sticks – optional garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees and spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, white whole wheat flour and garlic powder. Add cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove cauliflower from the batter allowing excess liquid to drip back into the bowl. Place coated cauliflower florets in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- While cauliflower is baking, make buffalo sauce by whisking together hot sauce, melted butter, lemon juice and salt. When cauliflower is done baking, carefully pour the buffalo sauce evenly over the baking sheet then bake additional 5 minutes.
- To make blue cheese dipping sauce, stir together yogurt, blue cheese, horseradish and garlic in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with celery and carrot sticks.
Nutrition Facts (per ½ cup serving): 198 calories, 8.9 g fat, 5.46g sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 26 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 21.1 g carbohydrate, 3.9 g fiber, 10.6 g protein
Recipe courtesy of Liz Della Croce of The Lemon Bowl. HumanaVitality is not an insurance product. This material is provided for informational use only. You should consult with your doctor.