Creamed corn goes tropical with coconut milk, cilantro and lime juice. We love this with the kick of crushed red pepper, but it’s great without it if you don’t enjoy spicy food. Try it with garlic-rubbed grilled flank steak and a vinegary Asian slaw.
Coconut Creamed Corn
Total cost per serving: $0.68
- 4 ears corn
- 1 cup coconut milk, light
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, red, crushed
- Combine corn kernels, coconut milk and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then adjust the heat to maintain an active simmer.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the coconut milk has evaporated, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro, lime juice and crushed red pepper, if using.
- Calories, 148
- Saturated Fat, 3 g
- Sodium, 178 mg
- Dietary Fiber, 3 g
- Total Fat, 5 g
- Carbs, 24 g
- Cholesterol, 0 mg
- Protein, 5 g
Recipe originally published by Everyday Health and reposted here with their permission.