As tempting as it can be to pick up the phone and order a pizza for delivery, making your own pizza at home is a fun way to get the kids involved while substantially cutting down on calories and saving money. These English Muffin Pizzas with Goat Cheese and Fresh Basil take just minutes to prepare and are full of flavor and creamy, satisfying cheese. Feel free to get creative and add your favorite pizza toppings. By loading up on fresh veggies and using smaller amounts of strong, pungent cheeses such as goat, feta or Parmigiano Reggiano you can save your family hundreds of calories and countless milligrams of sodium.
English Muffin Pizzas with Goat Cheese and Fresh Basil
$1.56 per serving
- 4 whole grain English muffins
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 oz goat cheese - crumbled
- 1 medium tomato – thinly sliced
- 8 basil leaves – roughly chopped
- salt and red chili flakes to taste
- Pre-heat broiler and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Lightly toast English muffins to defrost (if frozen) or slightly warm (if fresh.)
- Place olive oil in a small bowl and lightly brush each English muffin half with olive oil.
- Top each half with a tomato slice and goat cheese crumbles. Broil on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with freshly chopped basil and a pinch of salt/red chili flakes to taste.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 291 calories, 12.4 g fat, 3.3 g sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 8 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 32.4 g carb, 6.4 g fiber, 1.8 g sugar, 10.7 g protein
Recipe courtesy of Liz Della Croce of The Lemon Bowl. HumanaVitality is not an insurance product. This material is provided for informational use only. You should consult with your doctor.