Summer heat and long days of fun in the sun practically beg for frothy, icy drinks such as this Frozen Watermelon Mint Slushy. Instead of relying on pricy, pre-made juice mixes we love using fresh, seasonal produce to add flavor and sweetness. Fresh ginger provides subtle, unexpected heat that balances perfectly with the ripe watermelon and fragrant mint. By using honey, you can control the sweetness level and dial it up or down to please your palate. For an extra slushy drink, add more ice.
Frozen Watermelon Mint Slushy
$0.54 per serving
- 4 cups seedless watermelon
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- juice of one lime
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger – peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons honey
- several scoops of ice
- lime wedges and fresh mint sprigs – optional garnish
- Place all ingredients except for the ice in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add several scoops of ice and blend on high for 45 seconds until you’ve reach desired consistency.
- Pour into four glasses garnished with lime wedges and mint sprigs
Recipe courtesy of Liz Della Croce of The Lemon Bowl. HumanaVitality is not an insurance product. This material is provided for informational use only. You should consult with your doctor.