Having friends over and want an easy, healthy dessert to end the meal with? The Greek Yogurt can be plain, honey or vanilla, depending on your taste buds. Berries not in season? No problem, this recipe works even better with your favorite frozen berries.
Greek Yogurt Meringue with Berries
$1.24 per serving
- 2 cups non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 cup broken meringue cookies (pieces should not be too small)
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
- Fresh mint
- Place greek yogurt in a bowl with a lid.
- Stir in crushed meringue cookies. Reserve one tablespoon crushed meringue cookies to sprinkle on top.
- Seal bowl with lid and refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving. The meringue turns into a nugget texture.
- Drain frozen berries.
- Spoon yogurt evenly into individual bowls and top with berries.
- Add a sprig of mint to each serving.
Guest post written by Anne-Marie Kovacs & Audrey van Petegem of The Succulent Wife. This material is provided for informational use only. You should consult with your doctor.