Grilled Wild Salmon with Spicy Peppers, Goat Cheese & Chives
- 1 pound fresh, wild salmon
- 4-5 medium mixed local peppers (red, green, hatch) - seeded & chopped
- 1-2 small jalapeños - chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil - divided
- 6 oz fresh goat cheese
- ¼ cup fresh chives - chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle salmon with a little sea salt and place on medium high grill. Grill salmon to desired wellness – I prefer medium rare to medium for salmon and depending on thickness of cut it could grill for 6-12 minutes.
- Place one tablespoon of olive oil into a sauté pan over medium high heat. Once pan is fairly hot add pepper mixture. Next add jalapeños to the pan – if you don’t like spicy just omit the jalapeños or add half if you prefer not too spicy. Sauté pepper mix until they are all soft about 8 minutes and remove from heat.
- In a small pan, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and chopped chives. Cook on medium heat until crispy. Remove chives from heat and pan by placing them on top of a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- Slice salmon into serving sizes one pound should be sliced into 4-6 pieces. Top each slice of salmon with a dollop of goat cheese. Next, top goat cheese with pepper mix and top the pepper mix with crispy chives and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Recipe courtesy of: Local Savour