This month is Better Breakfast Month and we couldn’t be more excited. Breakfast happens to be one of our favorite meals of the day! Since mornings can be a hectic time in any household, save time and make these overnight refrigerator oats with seasonal berries the night before. In the morning, simply stir in whatever fresh berries you have on hand such as blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or strawberries.
Overnight Refrigerator Oats with Seasonal Berries
$0.65 per serving
- ½ cup oats – old fashioned
- ½ cup milk – fat free
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt – low fat
- ½ banana – sliced
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch sea salt - optional
- ½ cup mixed berries
- Place all ingredients except the berries in a bowl or re-sealable jar and stir to combine; refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir in fresh berries before serving.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 337 calories, 4.2 g fat, 1.6 g sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 6 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 58.9 g carb, 8.2 g fiber, 18.3 g protein, 21.4 g sugar
Recipe courtesy of Liz Della Croce of The Lemon Bowl. HumanaVitality is not an insurance product. This material is provided for informational use only. You should consult with your doctor.