Recipe courtesy of Meredith Steele of In Sock Monkey Slippers.
4 chicken breasts
1 cup shelled pistachios, not salted
1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 egg + 2 Tbs water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a food processor, combine pistachios, panko, paprika and salt.
3. Pulse until the texture is that of small crumbs. Pour onto a plate and set aside.
4. Make an egg wash by beating the egg and water together in a bowl. Pour onto a plate. Create a “work station” by placing the chicken on a plate next to the egg wash, and place the pistachio panko mixture next to the egg wash.
5. Dip a chicken breast in the egg wash, coating it with egg wash on all sides.
6. Next, place the chicken breast in the pistachio coating. Firmly press the coating on both sides of the chicken.
7. Place the chicken breast on a baking sheet prepped with a piece of parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
8. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetables.