A bag of frozen peppers and onions can be a quick start to a stir-fry; here, it’s combined with almost fat-free chicken tenders for a speedy dinner.
Stir-Fried Spicy Chicken Tenders
Total cost per serving: $1.07
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper, black ground
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, cayenne
- 1 pounds chicken, breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 16 ounces mixed vegetables, frozen, bell pepper and onion
- Combine sugar, paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne in a medium bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or overnight.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add pepper-and-onion mix and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the spice-rubbed chicken and cook, stirring, until no longer pink in the center, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- Calories, 196
- Saturated Fat, 1 g
- Sodium, 392 mg
- Dietary Fiber, 2 g
- Total Fat, 5 g
- Carbs, 8 g
- Cholesterol, 66 mg
- Protein, 28 g