Serve this Thai twist on pizza as is or with optional toppings, such as thinly sliced basil, cilantro, chopped peanuts and/or crushed red pepper on the side.
- 20 ounce(s) pizza dough, whole wheat
- ¼ cup(s) peanut butter, natural
- 3 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce, less sodium
- 2 teaspoon vinegar, rice
- 2 teaspoon ginger, fresh
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 1 teaspoon oil, canola
- 8 ounce(s) chicken, breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 medium pepper(s), red, bell
- 4 whole scallion(s) (green onions)
- 2/3 cup(s) cheese, mozzarella, part-skim, shredded
1. Place oven rack in the lowest position; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Roll out or stretch dough on a lightly floured surface into a rough 16-inch oval. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake on the bottom rack until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, whisk peanut butter, water, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and garlic in a small bowl until well combined.
4. Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add bell pepper, scallions and 1 tablespoon of the peanut sauce to the chicken; toss to combine.
5. Remove the crust from the oven; spread evenly with the remaining peanut sauce. Top with the chicken mixture, then sprinkle with cheese. Return the pizza to the oven and bake on the bottom rack until the crust is crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 11 to 13 minutes.Cook time 25 Prep time 10 Total time 35
- Calories 355
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Sodium 447 mg
- Dietary Fiber 3 g
- Total Fat 9 g
- Carbs 42 g
- Cholesterol 29 mg
- Protein 20 g
Recipe originally published by EverydayHealth and reposted here with their permission.