- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 4 cups water
- 1 – 15 oz can tomato sauce
- ½ cup shell pasta, uncooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onion, carrots, pepper, celery and garlic in olive oil for five minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in the oregano and basil
- Add water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Add tomato sauce and pasta and simmer gently until pasta is done (~10 minutes)
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Recipe courtesy of: Frankly Entertaining