Savory Watermelon Salad
Makes 4 Servings
$2.03 per serving
When you think of summer, you think of watermelon, right? These two pretty much go hand in hand. We are used to serving fresh watermelon, sliced or diced. But serving watermelon as a savory salad? It’s modern, fresh, and full of healthy ingredients and delicious contrasting tastes. The perfect dish to serve on a hot summer day.
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and cut into 1/3” cubes
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, diced and drained
- 1/3 cup reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup red onion, sliced very thinly
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons cup sliced black olives
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (reserve one tablespoon for garnish)
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Prepare all ingredients as indicated in the ingredient list: Cube, chop, dice, crumble!
- Combine all fresh ingredients in a large bowl. Add olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, oregano, basil, salt & pepper.
- Toss delicately & refrigerate for two to three hours.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh basil leaves.
Serve cold as a side salad to practically any dish.
Recipe courtesy of Anne-Marie Kovacs and Audrey van Petegem of The Succulent Wife. HumanaVitality is not an insurance product.