All time favorite breakfast bread. Adding chia seeds helps control hunger while enhancing the bread with super nutrients. Plus, using Greek yogurt with its list of health benefits makes it a natural choice to bake with. Although it is in solid form at room temperature, warming it slightly makes it easy to bake with. We also all know by now the health benefits of dark chocolate, so, why not add a few chips for good measure.
Zucchini Breakfast Bread with Chia SeedsTotal: $6.40
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups of finely grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons cup chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Beat Greek yogurt and honey together.
- Add eggs, vanilla and zucchini and mix well.
- Add all dry ingredients into above mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Grease loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour batter into 9x5’ pan.
- Bake for 45 - 60 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Invert on rack to cool completely.
Guest post written by Anne-Marie Kovacs & Audrey van Petegem of The Succulent Wife. This material is provided for informational use only. You should consult with your doctor.