This is how our Test Kitchen Manager’s mom prepares her just-picked zucchini. Simple and delicious, the almost caramelized zucchini are topped with a Parmesan crust. Serve Mary’s zucchini like a wedge of pizza, straight from the pan, with the cheese-side up.
Zucchini with Parmesan
Total cost per serving: $2.01
- 2 teaspoon oil, olive, extra-virgin
- 2 pounds zucchini
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, black ground
- ½ cup cheese, shredded Parmesan
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add zucchini and cook, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes, until tender and most of the slices are golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, sprinkle with salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook until the cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Serve warm
- Calories 82
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Sodium 204 mg
- Dietary Fiber 3 g
- Total Fat 5 g
- Carbs 8 g
- Cholesterol 5 mg
- Protein 5 g
Recipe originally published by Everyday Health and reposted here with their permission.