Health spending accounts that pick up where your plan leaves off
Humana’s Health Spending Accounts go above and beyond your regular health plan, offering smart ways to pay for eligible expenses.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
An HSA, which requires a High Deductible Health Plan, allows you to pay for healthcare now and save for what you may need in the future.
- Unused funds carry over from year to year
- Funded with pre-tax money
- Contributions aren’t taxable in most states.
Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
This plan pays for eligible expenses like dental care, doctor’s bills, and prescriptions that your health plan doesn’t cover.
- Helps reduce healthcare costs
- Account is funded with pre-tax money
- Funds don’t carry over from year to year
Personal Care Account (PCA)
This plan, which is typically combined with Preferred Provider Organization (PPO), is like an expense account for eligible medical costs like dental services, eye exams, and prescriptions.
- Use for out-of-pocket expenses like medical and pharmacy copayments
- May have a higher deductible, but can use PCA to pay it down
- Amount of PCA and qualified expenses varies by employer
Used with Humana’s PCA, HSA, and healthcare FSA, this debit card provides easy access to your healthcare funds.
- Use to pay for doctor’s office visits and prescriptions
- Pays for over-the-counter drugs
- This card works as your member ID, too
* This webpage is not a complete disclosure of plan qualifications and limitations. Before applying for coverage, please refer to the Regulatory Pre-enrollment Disclosure Guide for a description of plan provisions which may exclude, limit, reduce, modify or terminate your coverage.