Member Spotlight - Clifford J.

Version 2

How I made changes with Go365®

My wakeup call came when Amy, a representative from Humana, came for a biometric screening. My numbers were not good, even though I had fasted for 12 hours. I was disappointed. She took the time to explain to me some simple changes that I could make that would end up making huge improvements to my health. Prior to March of 2017 I was extremely unhealthy. I was Type II diabetic, and had metabolic syndrome. I never had the energy to exercise and I ate junk food all of the time. I was depressed, yet found comfort in junk food. I knew that I needed to change my behavior but I felt lost and powerless to get started.

My biggest challenge was to see food in a different light. Not to eat every time I felt stressed. I began following the Bulletproof Diet, which reduces carbs, uses fat for fuel and takes advantage of intermittent fasting. I eliminated sugar, carbs and junk food from my diet and began to follow a more Paleo approach to eating. I also began walking 4 days per week.

My biggest motivation is that simple changes can yield big results. I feel like a new person now and will never return to my previous state of existence. Now, more than one year later I run three days per week and enjoy weight training. Go365 is a great platform to help people take ownership of their health. It got me invested in my own wellness.

What’s the key takeaway you’d like to share?

Believe that it's easier to see improvements than you think. Slow and steady wins the race. I am fifty pounds lighter now and have much more muscle definition. I feel great and receive a lot of compliments on my appearance. Having made these changes, have saved my life. I was on a slippery slope, headed for disaster. Now, I continue to get better each day.

Amy, from Humana, not only helped me reclaim my health, she also inspired me to want to help other people here at work and in general. I am continuing to pass on the knowledge that she provided to me, in the hopes that I can help someone, the way that she helped me.

About Living Lean

The Living Lean course offered through Go365 is led by SelfHelpWorks. The course is an  self-management tool associated with better nutritional habits. With custom emails, personalized feedback and your own calendar, the program guides, reinforces, and encourages you to succeed. To see if it’s a recommended activity in Go365: Sign in to Go365.com > Activities > Recommended.

You can do it, too

Go365 is customized just for you — based on your individual wellness, you can complete recommended activities and receive rewards. No matter where you are now, you can kick-start a wellness journey with Go365! If you’re a Go365 member, go to Go365.com and review your account or download the app.

Statements have been modified slightly to add context and/or clarity. Go365 is not an insurance product. Not available with all Humana health plans. We are committed to helping you achieve your best health. Rewards for participating in Go365 are available to all members. If you think you might be unable to meet a standard for a Go365 reward, you might qualify for an opportunity to earn the same reward by different means. Contact Go365’s Customer Care team by signing in to Go365.com and using the secure live chat feature on the bottom right of the screen or by calling the number on the back of your member ID card, and we will work with you (and, if you wish, with your healthcare practitioner) to develop another way to qualify for the reward.

GCHK73YEN 0518

Discrimination is against the law

Humana Inc. and its subsidiaries comply with applicable federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Humana Inc. and its subsidiaries do not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.

Humana Inc. and its subsidiaries provide: (1) free auxiliary aids and services, such as qualified sign language interpreters, video remote interpretation, and written information in other formats to people with disabilities when such auxiliary aids and services are necessary to ensure an equal opportunity to participate; and, (2) free language services to people whose primary language is not English when those services are necessary to provide meaningful access, such as translated documents or oral interpretation.

If you need these services, call the number on your ID card or if you use a TTY, call 711.

If you believe that Humana Inc. and its subsidiaries have failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with Discrimination Grievances, P.O. Box 14618, Lexington, KY 40512-4618.

If you need help filing a grievance, call the number on your ID card or if you use a TTY, call 711.

You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint

Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue, SW, Room 509F, HHH Building, Washington, DC 20201, 1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD).

Complaint forms are available at https://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.