5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2018 10:18 AM by go365admin3

Go365 Heart Rates Points Suggestion

Aka12205941585

From what I was told by a Go365 rep is you get points by Heart Rate only if you go 60% of Max value for 15 straight minutes.  I am a lifter and I do HIIT with weights.  I have a full gym at home.  My question is that why can't we get points for total time spent over 60% of Heart rate instead of 15 continuous minutes?  I have the Garmin device Go365 suggested for HR.  My heart rate drops during my short breaks but skyrocket soon as I start lifting.

• Re: Go365 Heart Rates Points Suggestion
          go365admin3

I am sorry for any confusion. A heart rate workout is based off of the time your average heart rate is over 60% for the duration of the workout. With your Garmin device, be sure to start and stop the workout to keep track of the time. As long as your heart rate averages above 60% and your workout is at least 15 minutes long you will earn Points.

Aka12205941585

My Maximum HR is 186.  I am 34 years old.  That would make 60% of my HR 111.6.  I have already checked the days I workout.  I average 20-35 minutes (depending on the workout) with my heart rate over 112 bpm.  I have yet to ever get a point.  I even bought the device your team told me to buy.  Garmin.

go365admin3

Do you start and stop the workout on your Garmin device?

Aka12205941585

No, since that would be highly inefficient.  These workouts are usually 1 minute of all out work and then 30 seconds break or 30 seconds of all out work and 30 seconds break.  It wouldn't make much sense to constantly having to start and stop.  If the goal is to monitor our workouts and our heart rates say we are meeting the zone for 15 minutes or more, shouldn't we get the points.  There is enough data out there to show that lifters/Crossfit/HIIT/Interval training is much better for fat loss and fitness than walkers or even runners.

go365admin3

I apologize for my confusion. I meant to say start the workout at the beginning of the workout and let it run until your workout is complete. If it runs through your workout and breaks, as long as it averages to 60% of your max hear rate and your workout is 15 mins or longer you will get the Points. If the workout is not stopped and started, there is nothing separating it from your daily step total and it will send that.

If you do not start the workout and let it run through your workout and breaks can you please try to do so for your next workout?