AnsweredAssumed Answered

Android app requires 2-step verification EVERY time I sign in???

Question asked by Aka412164114787 on Jan 12, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 24, 2020 by go365admin3

I have been having the same problem for months. EVERY time I log in, the Android app says "does not recognize this device" and forces me to enter the 6-digit code from my email. After I do that, I can get access to the app. But if I close the app and reopen it immediately, the same thing happens, and I have to enter the 6-digit code again, despite already having done it minutes earlier.

I have tried both turning on the "remember me" switch and not. (Although, the switch itself is to the right of the username, but doesn't have a label on the app, So I assume it is the "remember me" switch)

During each verification/sign in, I am required to enable the fingerprint scan to be used as the default instead of the password. It doesn't seem like there is a way to NOT enable it.

Please help! This process used to only happen when the app was updated (once a month or so), but now it is literally every time. It has been happening for probably 4-6 months. I have been using the same phone (Pixel 2 XL) for nearly 2 years and did not have this problem previously.

Thank you!

Outcomes