AnsweredAssumed Answered

Biometric Reading (in-range results) for A1c & Blood Pressure

Question asked by Aka1585556625 on May 16, 2020
Latest reply on May 20, 2020 by go365admin6

For the Biometric Reading (in-range results) I am at a slight disadvantage as I have Diabetes,High Blood Pressure, and High Cholesterol. I take medications for all three. I was able to pass the Cholesterol in-range results, but my A1c was 6.9, too high for posted in-range results and Blood Pressure was 130/80 (where 130 is right at the failing level).

some text from my most recent A1c test report...

"For someone without known diabetes, a hemoglobin A1c value of 6.5% or greater indicates that they may have
diabetes and this should be confirmed with a follow-up test. For someone with known diabetes, a value <7% indicates that their diabetes is well controlled and a value greater than or equal to 7% indicates suboptimal control. A1c targets should be individualized based on duration of diabetes."

My fasting blood glucose reading taken from the same blood sample as A1c test resulted in 101 mg/L, which is 2 mg over passing threshold.

I'd hope that different criteria would be possible for the in-range results for members who have certain medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, so that they are awarded in-range results points for keeping their biometrics under control.

My systolic blood pressure reading of 130 is right at the failing criteria mark. If the passing criteria was changed slightly to <=130/85 mm Hg, I would have passed and been awarded the in-range results points.

I'll have another shot at passing the in-range results for A1c and Blood Pressure at my next screening which should be in 3-months, but I'd hope that some different pass/fail criteria would be used that fairly treat those that have been diagnosed with certain medical conditions.

Outcomes